Governance for the Stanground Academy
Please follow this link to access information about how Greenwood Academies Trust is governed, including:
- our memorandum of association
- our articles of association
- the names of our trustees and members.
Each Academy within the Greenwood Academies Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal.
The Academy Advisory Council (AAC) is a small group that has staff, parental and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GAT Trust Board.
The three key roles of the Stanground Academy Advisory Council are:
- to advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Trustees of the Greenwood Academies Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy;
- to represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the community and to represent the Academy in its community; and
- to provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day-to-day procedures that are essential to the day-to-day life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
Membership of the Stanground Advisory Council
The Stanground Academy has an established central Advisory Council who will be moving to new Terms of Reference during this academic year. The Council currently includes members from a range of backgrounds.