Student Academy Council (SAC)
Student Leadership at Stanground Academy
At Stanground Academy we recognise the potential in all our students, and as future leaders, we offer a range of opportunities and roles for students to become involved in leading others, influencing practice and embedding change.
We have a range of student leadership posts for students from years 7-13. Specific roles are targeted at specific year groups. We encourage all of our students with the qualities and aspirations to make a difference to life at our school to apply for a role and to take the opportunities presented to them.
What Are We Looking For From Our Student Academy council representatives?
- A positive attitude towards the school, including commitment to the school aims and priorities.
- Their support of a range of school activities and events.
- Adherence to school uniform and presentation standards.
- An exemplary record in terms of SSA grades, attendance and punctuality.
- A keen sense of responsibility.
- A high level of motivation, including a willingness to work with and learn from their peers.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Skills in leadership and teamwork.
- Reliability and dedication.
- The ability to inspire other students and command the respect of their peers.
- A positive role model.
- Willing to assist others.
- Willing to help coordinate/run specific events.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
If you think that these are skills and attributes you have, then we encourage you to speak with us and get involved!
You can do this by speaking with Mr Firth in the sixth form area.